Saturday, September 20, 2008

The External HDDs are going DOWN!

A quick company shopping trip to Sim Lim Square revealed that the price of external HDD has dropped again.

A 1TB 7200rpm 32MB 3.5" Seagate external HDD now costs only $198. A casing with FW400, USB 2.0 and eSATA ports costs about $80 the last time we bought one.

Tempted to buy and build a set for myself now. Well, perhaps when I next secure a biggish freelance job - since prices will surely continue to drop.

At the moment, we're also checking out external monitors for on-location use. Currently waiting on more information for the Ikan V-series 7"/8"/9" LCD Monitors: http://www.ikancorp.com/pages/monitors/index.htm
In order to maximize its usage, we're thinking of using it as an additional monitor for editing. Though we'll probably make a decision only after we get to hold and touch a unit for ourselves.

Meanwhile, here's something I've finished the edit on not long ago:

[I have a quick cameo IN it as well - I don't think I like editing myself]

Mixed DV with HDV footage [with a whole lot of time remapping]. Color graded. Final delivery was on 16:9 SD DVD, for a 42" LCD screen, playing on loop inside an exhibition gallery.

0 Comments: